Miss sc usa
Meera Bhonslé is a Lexington native and a University of South Carolina School of Journalism and Mass Communications alumna. She earned her degree in Multimedia Journalism with a cognate in Retail Marketing in 2018 and now works as a multimedia journalist locally in Columbia.
Her lifetime love of reading inspired her to begin her platform, “Reading is Leading,” and since 2014, she has been able to visit various schools across South Carolina to read with children and motivate them to become successful in their education.
Some of Meera’s hobbies include horseback riding, fishing, reading, playing the piano, and cooking. She also enjoys spending time with her two brothers and their family dog, Larri.
Meera’s multicultural background has given her the opportunity to become proficient in five languages. She takes pride in being a first-generation American daughter to a Salvadorian mother and an Indian father. In 2021, Meera had the opportunity to be the keynote speaker for a NASA Goddard event where she was able to discuss her heritage and cultural background, and her role in the pageant community as a representative of diversity.
Three traits that Meera aims to focus on as Miss South Carolina USA include: intentionality, positive communication and serving the great state of South Carolina.
- My multicultural background has allowed me to become proficient in 4 languages aside from English.
- I studied abroad in Singapore for 3 months in 2019 where I earned a certification in ministry.
- Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies. I once noodled a 40-pound catfish in Lake Marion.
- I can recite all 46 counties of South Carolina by memory which I learned to do in 3rd grade.
- When Outer Banks season 1 was being filmed in Charleston, I had the opportunity to be an extra on one episode of the show.
- My career aspiration all through grade school was to be a pediatrician but instead, I ended up a journalist reporting local news—and I love it!
We are accepting applications NOW for the upcoming competition early next year! There is no experience necessary! Anyone ages 14-27 are welcome to apply! Use the APPLY button below to submit your application. There is no fee or obligation to apply!Apply now