Miss SC Teen USA
Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2022, Katie Ward, is a native of Charleston and graduate of James Island Charter High School. A member of the National Honor Society, she graduated in the top 7% of her class. Currently a freshman at Clemson University, Katie is majoring in Biological Sciences and plans to pursue a career as a pediatric nurse.
As a member of the Chi Omega sorority, she volunteers with her sisters at various organizations including Fostering Faithfully and Habitat for Humanity. She especially loves volunteering with children, acting as a mentor and providing a listening ear, open arms and a smile whenever she can. She is also a member of the Neurosciences Club, Piano Club, and Clemson Hope Mentoring Program.
When she is home from college, Katie takes full advantage of the outdoor lifestyle and activities that Charleston has to offer, spending her time kayaking, watching the sunset on Folly Beach, and taking photos downtown. She also enjoys spending time with her younger brother, Gavin, and their fur-sister, Charlotte, a black labradoodle.
Taking on the prestigious title of Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2022, Katie intends to visit every county in our beautiful state. Focusing specifically on connecting with the children of South Carolina, she hopes to encourage them to never give up on their dreams, always work hard, be kind, and stay humble. She is elated to be presented with this once in a lifetime opportunity and is looking forward to this new, exciting journey.
- I am obsessed with Queen and know practically all of their songs.
- Sushi is my ride or die food. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the rest of my life.
- I am a Clemson girl and will be sophomore there this coming Fall majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- I love adrenaline rush. Over the past couple of years, I have gone skydiving, jumped in cenotes in Mexico, and a big fan of roller coasters.
- According to Travelers + Leisure, my hometown, Charleston has been voted No. 1 city in the US. I love where I live because I am 15 mins away from the beach and even 15 mins away from downtown.
- In my free time, I love to play songs on my ukulele, practice the piano, and teach my dog, Charolette, new tricks!
We are accepting applications NOW for the upcoming competition early next year! There is no experience necessary! Anyone ages 14-27 are welcome to apply! Use the APPLY button below to submit your application. There is no fee or obligation to apply!Apply now